Friday, April 30, 2010

The Wildlife Preserve

I haven't revealed this detail about my life yet, but I live in a wildlife preserve and the other night as I was walking the mutt, I took some pictures of my favorite animals.


This is my bullfrog. He is stoic and I've never seen him with a different expression.

The truth is that the previous owner of my house was an older lady who apparently, took lots of time in the yard and enjoyed adding animals to the yard. I haven't moved any of the critters yet, partly because they are my way of honoring her (even though I don't know her) and because Trix and Cocoa Puffs like to play with the critters when they are here.

I want to add these pictures so I can remember what the yard my have looked like 10-15 years ago. Neglect is apparent and changes will have to be made but I want to remember the before as I start to build the after.

No comments:

Post a Comment