Thursday, April 22, 2010

Concerns of children

Last night Trix and Cocoa Puffs spent the night with their grandparents and I got to visit with them because it was American Idol night and no t.v. for me means I have to go visiting when I want to watch live t.v. While sitting on the couch both said their favorite part of the day was watching t.v. Trix's favorite show was American Idol and Cocoa Puffs voted for Handy Manny. A little bit later I went and laid down with Trix until she fell asleep. I love that she held my hand until she fell asleep. I made it a point to focus on that little thing because while brushing teeth I commented on how tall she's getting and her reply was, "Well, I'm almost a grownup." It is coming so fast and even though I don't want it to happen too quickly I do want it to happen because I love watching them at this age for clues as to who they will be in 20 years. While I was watching her fall asleep I love that the only concerns they had in their life at that time was who was going to get to wear the pink nightgown and who was going to sleep in which bed. There are so many children with much bigger issues on their minds when they lay down at night and while there are no guarantees of a life of only little issues, I am thankful that last night's were little concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment